Both of these fliers gives you the capsulized version of why you should Nix Six.
Below them are all kinds of materials if you like to read the fine print~!
Nix Prop 6 flier – 2 per page
Be sure and friend our Nix on 6 Facebook page and spread the word! https://www.facebook.com/notoprop6
* Read our extensively researched “No on Prop 6″ white paper here but beware, this isn’t “light” reading: http://www.indytexans.com/wp-content/uploads/Prop-6-Final.pdf
* Here’s a simple flier you can copy and paste and email to friends (Note: you also might include a link to our Nix Prop 6 Facebook page above): http://www.indytexans.com/wp-content/uploads/FlierNixProp6New.doc
* Save Our Springs new web blog to Nix 6: http://www.sosalliance.org/file-library/doc_view/356-statement-opposing-prop-6-
* This just in from the Texas Observer, Forrest Wilder: http://www.texasobserver.org/prop-6-slush-fund-solution-texas-water-woes/
* Breaking News! Anatomy of a Slush Fund — Former Texas Water Development Board appointees and senior staff spill the beans on Prop 6: http://www.indytexans.com/2013/10/24/former-twdbers-spill-the-beans-on-prop-6/
* Here’s our latest Prop 6 Op-ed in the Austin American-Statesman, Oct. 27: http://www.indytexans.com/wp-content/uploads/Op-Ed-Prop-6-Statesman.pdf
* Here’s our Nix 6 Op-ed, San Antonio Express-News opposite the Speaker of the House, Joe Straus below: http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/commentary/article/Measure-is-a-grab-bag-for-special-interests-4904278.php
* Here’s Terri Hall’s too — thank you Terri! http://www.examiner.com/article/public-drain-for-private-gain-prop-6-rural-water-raid-to-benefit-developers-no
* Read this Ft. Worth Star-Telegram piece by Gordon Dickson asking what’s wrong with the $6B in the water bank fund — yet to be touched — by the water borrowers: http://www.indytexans.com/wp-content/uploads/Support-flows-opposition-simmers-for-water-funding-Local-Star-Telegram.com_.pdf
* Check out this quick clip from KTRH in Houston where perhaps 1/3 of the voters who will decide on this amendment reside: http://www.ktrh.com/articles/houston-news-121300/texans-willing-to-spend-rainy-day-11706171/
* UTSA held a debate on Prop 6 that we were able to participate in though the big boys from Water Texas PAC and H204Texas still aren’t debating anyone. Watch it right here: http://nowcastsa.com/blogs/webcast-texas-water-prop-6-forum
* Empower Texas comes out against Prop 6! Read “Proposition 6, Drowing Us In Debt” right here: http://www.empowertexans.com/features/proposition-6-drowning-us-in-debt/
* False Claims and the Real Deal by Texans for Public Justice on Prop 6: http://www.indytexans.com/2013/10/10/funny-things-happen-before-elections-especially-on-prop-6/
OCTOBER 14TH MEDIA BONANZA: (not a comprehensive list!)
This is raw footage from our excellent press conference in Austin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexlbrouJgU&feature=em-uploademail
Coverage from the Statesman: http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/local/environmental-groups-split-on-proposition-6-water-/nbNmh/?icmp=statesman_internallink_textlink_apr2013_statesmanstubtomystatesman_launch
Save Our Springs Alliance (Austin) Statement: http://www.sosalliance.org/file-library/doc_view/356-statement-opposing-prop-6-
Houston: Houston Chronicle/San Antonio Express News: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Proposition-6-draws-informal-coalition-of-4895669.php
Dallas Morning News: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20131013-leaders-push-for-water-funding-while-other-financing-available.ece and: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20131014-water-fund-opponents-rally-in-four-texas-cities.ece
Texas Tribune Poll: What’s funny is the Trib touts a poll about how positive people are about 6, only to have their blogs pan it! https://www.texastribune.org/2013/10/14/poll-half-texans-support-water-measure-november/
* Flyers you can print out and share:
Or just email this one out to your friends with a link to our Nix Prop 6 Facebook page: http://www.indytexans.com/wp-content/uploads/FlierNixProp6New.doc
Independent Texans has not studied the other amendments — we’re been busy on the biggest and most treacherous one — Prop 6.
There are many groups who’ve weighed in on other amendments, but you’ll have to figure out which ones you trust for an opinion.
Here’s the link to the League of Women Voters Guide, which gives SOME information on these amendments. We appreciate the League’s work, but they did not, for example, do due diligence on Prop 6: http://www.lwvtexas.org/Voters%20Guide/2013CAVG/2013CAVG_English.pdf